Relationships need love. What is love? Love is one of the profound emotions known to human beings.
1 Corinthians 13: 4-8
“Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self- seeking, it is not easily angered. It keeps no record of wrong. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices within the truth. It always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails. But where there are prophecies they will cease. Where there are tongues, they will be stilled. Where there are knowledge, will be passed.”
In marriage there are a few things one needs to remember:
- Focus on your spouses strengths, rather than on his weaknesses.
- Encourage rather than criticize.
- Always pray for them.
- Learn and live what Christ teaches us about ‘relating to’ and ‘loving‘ others.
I read a post of ‘Psychology today’ and would like to share it with you. It’s called “7 Signs of a healthy relationship“:
- Having for each other.
- Having steady uncurrent love and trust throughout your marriage or courtship.
- Having each other’s backs.
Arguing, not fighting.
It is possible to argue and not have a fight. Arguing is a ‘non-combative’. State your facts, without name calling or having to raise your voice.
“You can either be right or be married” – Unknown
Agreement on sex
Being in a agreement about sex in your relationship means that you are Both okay with how often you have sex, how you have sex and where you have sex.Talk openly about it and always find time for it.
Equality with money
- No hidden accounts
- Decide together on large purchases
- and most importantly have an equal say
Agreement on parenting
You and your partner need have be open-minded to each other and on agreement on how to raise your kids. Setting rules for them, how to discipline them, what to expose them to and education.
Common goals and values
Be on the same page or open about religion, future goals (Marriage, kids, etc) and set goals together (Example 1 year plan, 5 year or twenty year plan).
- Always make time to have fun and to spend time together (As a family and alone).
- NEVER STOP DATING (Always do date night)
“Sexiness wears thin after a while and beauty fades, but to be married to a guy that makes me laugh every single day. Ah, now that’s a treat.” – Joanne Woodward